[DSFD-announce] DEADLINE EXTENSION, BEST POSTER AWARD, NEW SPEAKERS

Tuzel, Erkan etuzel at wpi.edu
Wed Apr 11 11:31:15 CDT 2018

27th International Conference on the Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics
Worcester, MA, USA
June 25-29, 2018

Dear Colleagues:

The Organizing Committee of the international conference on the Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics is pleased to once again invite you to the 27th annual conference.
For more information see http://dsfd.org. You can also follow the conference on Twitter for updates and related information: @DSFD_2018

Deadline extension: Deadline for abstract submission has been extended to April 22. (Acceptance letters will be sent out before April 30 and Early registration has been extended to May 6.)

Best poster award: Intel will provide a state of the art high-performance laptop featuring Optane technology (not yet available in stores) as an award for the best poster. (This is part of the reason for the deadline extension)

Extended list of confirmed invited speakers:

Anna Balazs (University of Pittsburgh)
Arshad Kudrolli (Clark University)
Christian Huber (Brown University)
Hudong Chen (EXA)
Jean Pierre Boon (U. Bruxelles)
Jeffrey Guasto (Tufts)
Nicolas Hadjiconstantinou (MIT)
Seth Fraden (Brandeis University)
Steven Wolfram (Wolfram Research)
Zhaoli Guo (Huazhong University)

Ganesh Subramanian* (JNCASR, India)

*to be confirmed

List of scientific committee members attending:

Ilya Karlin (ETH)
Alexander Wagner (NDSU)
Bruce Boghosian (Tufts)
Jean-Pierre Boon (U. Bruxelles)
Marisol Ripoll (Jülich)
Paul Dellar (Oxford)
Santosh Ansumali (JNCASR)
Takaji Inamuro (Kyoto)
Jens Harting * (Helmholtz)

*to be confirmed

We thank our corporate sponsers Dell, Intel, RAID, and Cambridge Computing.

We look forward to seeing you in Worcester in June!

Sincerely,

Organizing Committee for DSFD 2018
Erkan Tüzel (WPI) and Alexander Wagner (NDSU), co-chairs
Bruce Boghosian (Tufts)
Hudong Chen (EXA)
Peter Love (Tufts)
Taehun Lee (CCNY)