[DSFD2011-speakers] Planning your trip to DSFD 2011 in Fargo

Alexander Wagner alexander.wagner at ndsu.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:45:35 CDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking forward to seeing you in Fargo in only a little more than
a week. This email contains some information we hope will be useful for
your planning your trip/presentation.

*Reception: *There will be a welcome reception on Sunday, August 7 at
the Radisson Hotel, 201 North 5th Street, Fargo from 5-7pm. You will be
able to register at the reception.
*
Presentations*: You will be able to use your own laptops, or you can
bring your presentation on a USB stick to project your talk using a
university (windows) computer.

*Transportation*: To get from the airport to your hotels there are taxis
available at the airport. The cost of a taxi from the airport to
downtown is approximately $10.

If you are staying at the Radisson you can use their courtesy van.
Please reserve by calling 701-232-7363 or email
tcitterman at radissonfargo.com <mailto:tcitterman at radissonfargo.com> to
schedule an airport shuttle or you can pick up the courtesy phone at the
airport baggage claim area that dials the hotel for a shuttle.

If you are staying at any of the downtown hotels in Fargo you will not
need a car to get around. It will be easy to walk to Barry Hall and the
Hotel Donaldson (where the conference dinner will be held).

During the time of the conference, as well as the weekend before and
after a small number of rental bicycles are available to conference
participants from Great Northern Cycles <http://gncycles.com/>, free of
charge. You can use them to get around downtown, explore the cycle path
along the river or simply get to the conference location faster. Just go
to Great Northern Cycles with your conference badge (if you would like
to use a bike on the weekend before registering, just tell them that you
are a conference participant). First come, first serve.

*Conference outing*: We will go to the MSUM Science Center
<http://www.mnstate.edu/regsci/> at Buffalo River State park
<http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/buffalo_river/>. This park will
allow you to explore some of the last remaining areas of unplowed
prairie as well as a riparian environment along the river. From the
center we will walk to a prarie location at the rivers edge where you
will be able to explore two tepees. We recommend wearing shoes suitable
for walking in a prairie environment as well as a long sleeved shirt and
trousers to protect from the sun and insects.

*Conference dinner*: Could you please let us know if you can make the
conference dinner on Thursday evening and what your food preference
(bison, walleye or vegetarian) is by taking this doodle poll
http://www.doodle.com/8uh8mm9xs3tpfcei.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Fargo!

Best wishes

   Alexander Wagner
   (for the local organizing committee)